Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pablo

Last night was the hardest day of my life. This post is more to help get things off of my chest and help the healing process. It probably wont make any sense and will be really choppy but here it goes.

Pablo has always been a very dominant dog. Even as a little puppy. We did a ton of training with him but even when you would correct him he would lash out on you. The past year he was getting even worse, but within the last three months it was becoming very serious. Janson and I through Pablos short life had been bit at least three times each and half of them were very serious. It was to the point he was resource guarding wrappers and even spots on the carpet. He had even attacked Rafa when he walked by him and he had a little piece of a wrapper. Pablo has not been happy for quite sometime now. You could just tell that he was constantly have internal struggles. Last night we brought home a foster dog and out of no where he attacked the foster. Janson grabbed pablo off the dog and Pablo turned around and bit him in the lip/face. It tore all the way through Jansons lip in three places and puncture on his check. (Fortunately the foster dog was fine) We are very fortunate to have awesome friends. I text Joe from WSK9CO. Her and her husband came over within ten minutes and went to the ER with us. Janson had to get over 20 stitches and we were very fortunate because there was a plastic surgeon there that is usually not so he was able to do it. We have been considering possibly having to euthanize Pablo because of fear of him attacking someone other than us. This incident forced what we have been fighting for a while. I also in no way blame the foster in way because he did nothing wrong. I almost feel as though it might have been a blessing because we knew something like this would probably happen again with Pablo and were very fortunate it was with us and not anyone else. We decided it would be best for Pablo to be set free of his unhappiness. We called many places but all that was open were Emergency vets and they would not do it because it was related to a bite. They just kept referring us to county, but we did not want to have to put him there and quarantine him before the inevitable would happen anyway. We are so grateful to sugarhouse vets and Dr. Barton for coming in after hours and allowing us to be with Pablo as he passed on to a better life for him. We were able to pet him and comfort him. He passed super quick and looked at peace and relaxed which I have not seen him like that for a very long time. I know that I will be able to see him again someday and I also know that my savior is taking great care of him until I see him again.

Pablo taught me and Janson many great things and he will always hold a special place in my heart. I will always miss him and his way of greeting me every time we would come home. Run free little buddy. You have no restrictions anymore. Have fun with all your canines friends that have passed before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment